[gmx-users] Non-zero system charge

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Sat Apr 1 22:18:09 CEST 2006

Hi,

Yes, both the charge and dipole corrections are applied automatically.

Still, the uniform background charge is a bit unphysical, so for
reasonably long simulations you might prefer to just add counterions
with genion and create a neutral system instead - you can find more
discussion about this if you search the mailing list archives from
www.gromacs.org.

Cheers,

Erik