[gmx-users] configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.

Vanessa Oklejas voklejas at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 12 01:06:38 CEST 2006

Hi everybody,

I've been trying to compile gromacs-3.1.4 onto a linux server with
Red Hat v 7.3 OS.  I was able to compile the fftw library without
incident, but when I issue the configure command (>./configure
--prefix=/home/voklejas/gromacs) in the gromacs-3.1.4 directory I get
the following error:

checking for inline... inline
checking if the C compiler supports inline assembly... yes
configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.

Does anyone have a clue from what this error is and how it can be fixed?

Thanks,
Vanessa