[gmx-users] REMD

Dongsheng Zhang dong at pampas.chem.purdue.edu
Thu Apr 13 08:42:20 CEST 2006

dear Mark,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.  I try to use parallel
computing. It works fine.
for example: grompp -f -c -p -o replica0 -np 2 -sort -shuffle
             to  get replica0.tpr
             then, mdrun_mpi -np 2 -s replica0.tpr

The error message mentioned in the previous email looks very strange to
me. MPI works fine, and individual tpr runs fine. The error message
comes out before replica exchange. replica0 stops at step 500, replica1
stops at step 400, even the output informatio can't be complted. The
last lines in replica1.log is

        Step           Time         Lambda
            400        0.80000        0.00000

   Rel. Constraint Deviation:  Max    between atoms     RMS

I hope these further information can help you to figure out what's the
problem.

Best Wishes!

Dongsheng