[gmx-users] g_dipoles and fluctuation of the total dipolemoment

Guido Humpert humpert at caesar.de
Thu Aug 3 14:57:05 CEST 2006

Hello again,

Thanks for your responses and suggestions.
I think I understood the way epsilon is calculated in the source code,
although I'm not very fermiliar with C.
My question now is about your best bet of simulating the peptides in
different concentration of water.
What kind of simulation would be best in this case? My fist guess would
be a md with RF, as in the Gromacs paper (1998). Is it possible to
transfer the conditions of a system of water to a system of a peptide in
water?
What's the difference between an extrapolation to zero water
concentration and the simulation of a peptide without water?

Thanks again for your help,
Guido