[gmx-users] g_dipoles and fluctuation of the total dipolemoment

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Aug 3 17:31:36 CEST 2006

Guido Humpert wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Thanks for your responses and suggestions.
> I think I understood the way epsilon is calculated in the source code,
> although I'm not very fermiliar with C.
> My question now is about your best bet of simulating the peptides in
> different concentration of water.
> What kind of simulation would be best in this case? My fist guess would
> be a md with RF, as in the Gromacs paper (1998). Is it possible to
> transfer the conditions of a system of water to a system of a peptide in
> water?
> What's the difference between an extrapolation to zero water
> concentration and the simulation of a peptide without water?

You can try it without water, however you should avoid having vacuum in
the system, so you probably want to fill a box with multiple peptides.
Do also make sure that the system still is liquid. Convergence will be
very slow however, and I doubt that it is realistic to have completely
dehydrated peptides.

Do not use RF, use PME instead.

--
David.
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755