[gmx-users] simulation at particular pH

Arthur Roberts aroberts99163 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 21:16:19 CEST 2006

Hi, Luisa,

I would first calculate the number of protons (H+)
that you would find your water box. Then I would use
the command genion to generate that number of H+'s
that corresponds to the pH.  Then I would use grompp
to find out what the final charge is.  If it is still
negative, I would add NA+.  If it is positive, I would
add CL-.  This should approximate the pH.  Although
there is one problem, ionizable residues.  You will
need to set those manually.  I am not sure, if you can
use the morse potential on specific residues instead
of harmonic potential to make a residue ionizable.  I
hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Art Roberts
University of Washington