[gmx-users] clusters [4Fe-4S]+2

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 18:33:44 CEST 2006

Hi Elias,

pdb2gmx does not read CONECT records in the pdb file. You have to add
S(Cys) - Fe bonds in the specbond.dat file. The cause for not getting
any errors is that pdb2gmx sees cysteines, which it can handle, and
iron ions, which it can handle. But it doesn't think of connecting
them and doesn't know how to.

Besides, don't use the ffgmx force fields (browse the archives for
reasons why not).

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, M.Sc.
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute (GBB)