[gmx-users] pdb2gmx error

MURAT CETINKAYA cetinkayam at psu.edu
Tue Aug 15 21:46:48 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I have a small problem with pdb2gmx. I have a non-standard residue with rtp
parameters entered manually into oplsaa database. When I try to convert my pdb
file into gro, I get:
-------------------------------------
Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 3.3.1
Source code file: toputil.c, line: 94

Fatal error:
Increase MAXSLEN in src/kernel/grompp.h to at least 35, or shorten your
definition of bonds like 2.87441 0.58158 2.092 -5.54799 0 0 to at most 31
Mentioned line is one of my RB dihedral parameters.

I got the same problem with gromacs 3.2.1, but I dont know how I got rid of it.
I also could not find grompp.h in the mentioned location.

I cannot truncate my parameters in order to fit for 31 character-space, so I am
clueless.

I will appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Murat Cetinkaya