Θέμα: Re: Θέμα: Re: [gmx-users] cyclic peptides

Efi Mantzourani efi_mantz at yahoo.gr
Sat Aug 19 14:15:31 CEST 2006

Ok, tried the specbond. That doesn't work on its own. So I changed the forcefield N-terminus database (*.tdb) to give me an extra option for the terminus, [NH]. It seems to work fine, places the hydrogen in the peptide bond, but doesn't know anything about bond angles and dihedrals containing the new atom, fair enough. I then went to the *.itp file of that chain, and filled in the data missing (around 7-8, easy enough). And it seems to work know!

David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se> έγραψε: Efi Mantzourani wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> had a look for the specbond entry, but apparently it is for creating a
> bond between ligand and receptor. I don't have that. Mine is not a
> special bond. it is just that pdb2gmx tries to find a terminus for all
> the chains.

just try it anyway. you may have to sepcify the specific residue type of
the N-terminus and C-terminus.

> */David van der Spoel /* έγραψε:
>
>     Efi Mantzourani wrote:
>      > Hi all,
>      >
>      > I am trying to run a gromacs trajectory on a ligand-receptor
>     complex,
>      > where the ligand is a head-to-tail cyclic peptide. I add the -ter
>     option
>      > in the pdb2gmx command, so that i can turn off the charged
>     termini in
>      > the peptide. Unfortunately, it will only work keeping the N
>     terminus as
>      > -NH2 (meaning it will add two hydrogens on the resulting
>     structure) or
>      > as N (in this case it doesn't add any hydrogens). They are both
>     wrong,
>      > as I want one hydrogen, like in a normal peptide bond. If i try to
>      > change the resulting files manually its a pain! The gro file is easy
>      > enough, but the topology file has to be altered so that the added
>      > hydrogen is in the correct atom and residue serial number. That
>     means i
>      > have to change all the remaining atoms, all angles, dihedrals
>     etc. Its
>      > just impossible as my complex has about 3.000 atoms! Any
>     suggestions???
>
>     try making a specbond entry, you have to make sure that the coordinates
>     are OK. please report back if succesfull.
>      >
>      >
>      > Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!
>      > Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύ ματα (spam); Το Yahoo! Mail
>     διαθέτει την
>      > καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων
>      > http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr
>      >
>      >
>      >
>      > Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>      > www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
>      > Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php
>

>     --
>     David.
>     Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the
>     www interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
>     Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/mailing_lists/users.php

> Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!
> Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύ ματα (spam); Το Yahoo! Mail διαθέτει την
> καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών μηνυμάτων
> http://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=gr

David.
Husargatan 3, Box 596,   75124 Uppsala, Sweden
phone: 46 18 471 4205  fax: 46 18 511 755
spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se spoel at gromacs.org   http://folding.bmc.uu.se

 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!