[gmx-users] GROMACS exit codes; error in LAM installation?

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 17:30:30 CET 2006

Hello,
(background)
I recently compiled a new version of the 3.2.1 mdrun to make use of the lam 7.1.2 that's just been installed.  For some reason, I can't get a run to work with it - it goes fine until:

Back Off! I just backed up enerG.edr to ./#enerG.edr.1#
starting mdrun '?'
1430000 steps,   2145.0 ps.

whereupon one of the processes (always n3, no matter which physical machine it is) exits for no obvious reason.

The signal given is 11 - I can't find reference to this in the Gromacs or lam source, so I don't know what it means.  Cranking up the verbosity on everything I can sheds no further light on it.  I'm guessing I did something not quite right in the installation, but without more information, there's no way to know how to fix it.

Anyway:
So, does anyone know what this exit code means?  (and, ideally, how to avoid it...)