[gmx-users] GROMACS exit codes; error in LAM installation?

Ansgar Esztermann aeszter at gwdg.de
Thu Dec 7 17:52:43 CET 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 08:30:30AM -0800, Alan Dodd wrote:

> whereupon one of the processes (always n3, no matter which physical machine it is) exits for no obvious reason.
>
> The signal given is 11 - I can't find reference to this in the Gromacs or lam source, so I don't know what it means.  Cranking up the verbosity on everything I can sheds no further light on it.  I'm guessing I did something not quite right in the installation, but without more information, there's no way to know how to fix it.

Signal 11 is a segfault, i.e. something goes very wrong.
It's hard to say anything definite at this point, but are you sure that
the mpicc and lamboot you use belong to the same version of lam?
If there is an old lamd (say, 7.1.1) hanging around, using a 7.1.2
mpicc might lead to a crash.

A.

--
Ansgar Esztermann