[gmx-users] FENE potential

Argyrios Karatrantos axk47 at psu.edu
Tue Dec 12 01:08:08 CET 2006

Hi,

 More than possible, it has already been done. Manual chapter 4.2.4,
 page 51. And please give me a very good reason why I now picked up the
 manual and looked for FENE, instead of you.

My bad... :-P I assumed someone would read the available documentation
resources before posting on this list. You'd think I'd learn, huh...

Mark

First of all in the gromacs manual 3.2, that i have on page 51 there is the LJ and Buckingham potential  and in chapter 4.2.4 (page 58) the harmonic potential is discussed, so page 51 and chapter 4.2.4 talk about different things.
Second
the FENE potential has a form of  VFENE  =   - k(R02/2)ln(1 - (r/R0)2), it is an anharmonic spring potential and has used extensiverly in coarse grains polymer models, it is harmonic only at the minimum
Third Mark and Tsjerk you must be more careful, specific and polite in your answers you give, especially when you don't know what you are talking about, not try to get rid of someone, make sure first that you understand and have the right answer, otherwise it is better not to answer!