[gmx-users] difficulties in creating octahedral boxes

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 09:26:31 CET 2006

Hi Astrid,

Besides all the useful advice regarding the visualization, note that
the rhombic dodecahedron is smaller than the truncated octahedron and
is more spherical, thus yields a more even distribution of water
around your solvent, rendering an effect due to the box type less
probable. In short, it's better to use a rhombic dodecahedron than a
truncated octahedron.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--