[gmx-users] MPI flavours

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 14:48:15 CET 2006

Our cluster at Bristol uses mpich 1.2.5.  Gromacs
works OK with it, runs are unstable (connections have
a habit of dropping off the network temporarily every
week or two), processes cannot be properly
backgrounded and scaling works poorly with more than a
handful of nodes, but it does work.  I've no idea how
easy it was to compile.