[gmx-users] MPI flavours

Andrea Carotti and.carotti at farmchim.uniba.it
Wed Feb 1 15:57:10 CET 2006

Hi all,
I've found some usefull settings that gained a lot my performances using
mpich 1.2.5 on a gigabit ethernet dual xeon cluster.
After compiling the mpich using also this configure flags:
--with-pkt-size=524288
--with-comm=shared
I've set the this variable in my .tcshrc using 'setenv P4_SOCKBUFSIZE
524288'
and I've added these two lines by root in /etc/sysctl.conf
net.core.rmem_max=1048576
net.core.wmem_max=1048578
...reboot....
Now the latency is hardly reduced....so I'm happy. ;-)
Bye
Andrea