[gmx-users] I want to know how to make pdb file with 2d structrure file.

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Feb 10 10:15:28 CET 2006

Taeho Kim wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I have a secondary structure prediction file of VDAC protein from
> mitochondrial outer membrane. so I want to make a pdb file with it.
>
> Which method or programs can be made pdb file?

This question is off-topic for this mailing list. Please consider other
alternatives next time.

Constructing reasonable protein models when a known homologue exists is
tricky enough. A few years ago, when I was current on the protein
structure prediction literature, model building based on solely
secondary structure was not possible. I doubt very much that anything
suitable for non-expert use exists.