[gmx-users] problem with ligand in a methanol box

Gerardo Perez-Hernandez gphatp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 21:49:16 CET 2006

Dear users,

I have a ligand obtained in the PRODRG2 server and I want to do a MD in a
methanol box, however the topology of methanol distributed with gromacs is
compatible with ffG43a1 force field and the ligand was build in gromos 87
format and I got next errors if I use ffgmx :

Fatal error: Invalid order for directive atomtypes, file ""methanol.itp"",
line 3

while in a water box this work fine.
I need to build the topologies for the corresponding force field or there is
another kind to fix it?

Thansk in advance,

Gerardo Perez Hernandez