[gmx-users] output control

Grazia Daminelli Grazia.Daminelli-Widany at TU-Berlin.DE
Fri Feb 17 11:24:41 CET 2006

hello,

I am working with Gromacs3.3 and I am having a problem with the output
control. The output frequency I get is not the one I have set it in the
mdp file.
Here are the relevant mdp parameters (as given in the mdout.mdp file
generated by grompp -po).

; RUN CONTROL PARAMETERS
integrator               = steep
; Start time and timestep in ps
tinit                    = 0
dt                       = 0.001
nsteps                   = 100

; OUTPUT CONTROL OPTIONS
; Output frequency for coords (x), velocities (v) and forces (f)
nstxout                  = 10
nstvout                  = 10
nstfout                  = 10
; Checkpointing helps you continue after crashes
nstcheckpoint            = 1000
; Output frequency for energies to log file and energy file
nstlog                   = 10
nstenergy                = 10

What I get after running the simulation is:

1)log file (md.log)

100 steps (although energies for 23 steps are missing)

2) traj.trr

Checking file traj.trr
trn version: GMX_trn_file (single precision)
Reading frame       0 time   14.000
# Atoms  52765
Last frame          7 time  101.000

Item        #frames Timestep (ps)