[gmx-users] Re: dPCA analysis

Daniela S. Mueller d.s.mueller at rug.nl
Tue Feb 21 07:30:21 CET 2006

dear dongsheng,

Dongsheng Zhang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Thank Tsjerk very much for the help. The option -nofit works for me.
> However I still have some questions regarding g_covar:
>
> 1. In g_covar analysis, it is required to have an input file for -s. It
> can be *tpr or *pdb.  After I tested it, I found that the results
> (eigenvalues and eigenvectors) were different by using *tpr or *pdb for
> -s with the option -nofit. This is out of my expectation. With -nofit
> option, I think *tpr serves as an index file to tell g_covar what
> elements will be analyzed. I get the *tpr file by using:
> tpbconv -s old.tpr -o *tpr -n index.ndx
> by manipulating index.ndx, I can get different *tpr. Then I found I got
> different results (eigenvalues and eigenvectors) with different *tpr
> files in g_covar anlysis. I also changed coordinates in *pdb file, I got
> the same results (That is the way it should be) with different *pdb
> files. I think maybe something is wrong with the option -s *tpr. If
> anyone knows the answer, please tell me.

you are right that the tpr-file serves as a reference, but in order to
do that it has to match the atoms present in you trajectory. otherwise
you need an index-file for g_covar as well.
usually the tpr-file should correspond to the set of atoms in the
trajectory- resp. structure-file that you are analysing.

> Thank you for your help!
>
> Dongsheng

best regards,
daniela

--

Daniela S. Mueller

Diplom biologist

-Molecular Dynamics Group, UQ -

Address:
School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences (SMMS)
Chemistry Building (#68)
University of Queensland
Qld 4072, Brisbane
Australia