[gmx-users] is there any reasonable way to produce a custom topology?

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Feb 23 11:10:24 CET 2006

:)

I thought something similar.
I can't lose the impression, that many people think of simulating things
as a totally easy way to get whatever they want.
And its clear, that all (free) tools can handle the
"do-whatever-I-mean"-command...;)

Just feed the PDB and get out a 1µs sim of a 150kD protein...
BTW...simulating this and the catalytic reaction in the active site via
QM totally automatically is a must-have, too. Any program, which can't
handle this, is crap...I'm so sorry, that there seems to be no tool on
the market which is that great and able to do, what I wish...:)

Sorry for the spam, guys...but I have the feeling, that these kind of
questions grow and grow...

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310