[gmx-users] What's the best distribution for gromacs?

Stéphane Teletchéa steletch at jouy.inra.fr
Fri Feb 24 14:56:40 CET 2006

Bruno Reboredo a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm new here.
> I have a Athlon 64 3700+. What's linux distribution I would have to use
> to run gromacs? I will run heavy Molecular Dynamics.
>
> Thank you,
> Bruno Reboredo

Since i'm a Mandriva fan for years, i'd recommend using Mandriva 2006.
It has a full 64-bit system (including compiler) and i've successfully
used it for benchmarking gromacs on 64-bits mode. It has also gcc 4.0
and gcc3.4.3 so you can use one of them in order to get optimal performance.

You'll probalby be happy already with the download version but you can
also consider the packs which include support.

You're wellcome :-)
Stéphane

--
Stéphane Téletchéa, PhD.                  http://www.steletch.org