[gmx-users] PME scaling

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Tue Jan 10 18:02:26 CET 2006

Hi Rob,

The head branch of CVS has major scaling improvements, but it's
changing quite a lot right now, so unless you really like to iron out
bugs I'd recommend waiting a couple of weeks until it's stabilized a
bit.

For instance, the current version partitions the system into separate
PME and direct space nodes, but depending on the performance we might
actually decide to reverse that and do PME on all nodes again.

Cheers,

Erik