[gmx-users] Size of perturbed groups in FEP

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed Jan 11 17:25:11 CET 2006

Shouldn't be a problem, though.
For ILE (and except for proline/glycine any other) "just" turn the
Ca-Proton into the "new" Cb, add the other ILE-atoms as dummies
(structurally correct, though), turn the original Cb into the proton,
and let the original ILE-atoms vansih to dummies.

With softcore, the convergence should be reached....hopefully.
I think, it depends strongly on the environment due to your peptide.

Nevertheless, correct error estimation is really very important, though.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310