[gmx-users] (no subject)
Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Jan 19 23:23:48 CET 2006
> Dear Gmxion,
> I am having problem in compiling the latest version of GROMACS
> under CYGWIN. Kindly help me by
> sharing your compiled executables in the above said platform.
No, I have other uses for 145M of bandwidth.
Compiling gromacs version 3.3 under recent versions of cygwin is painless.
1) Get source code for version 3.3 of gromacs
2) Get a recent cygwin installation
3) Open the cygwin bash shell or cygwin xterm, not the windows cmd shell
or anything else similar
4) Unpack the source code
5) Change to the right directory
6) Issue "./configure" plus the options you want
7) When that works issue "make" and wait for that to work
8) "make install"
9) Start doing MD
Your earlier post with mentions of "C:\Cygwin\bin\cc.exe" clearly
indicates that you are not using the cygwin build tools, as mentioned by
Yang Ye. Don't attempt to use any other set of compilers/make
tools/whatever until you
a) really know what you are doing,
b) don't have any plans for your spare time,
c) don't want it to work, and
d) hate yourself.
More information about the gromacs.org_gmx-users