[gmx-users] G43a1 RNA dihedrals

leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com leafyoung81-group at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 18:20:22 CET 2006

Here it is
http://folding.stanford.edu/ffamber/

Ken Rotondi <ksr at chemistry.umass.edu> wrote: On Jan 25, 2006, at 3:54 AM, David van der Spoel wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006, Ken wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've processed an RNA chain in GROMACS 3.2.1 using the G43a1 ff
>> to .gro and .top files.  Upon trying to generate a .tpr file for
>> genion, grompp returned an series of warnings leading to a fatal
>> error, eg.:
>>

> this is proibably not the answer you want, but try the amber force
> field
> with gromacs 3.3 (ff available from the contribution section)

There is no way to fix this? It seem as though it should be a trivial
matter of adding a definition to a ff file.

In searching the contributions section of the GROMACS site I find the
only references to AMBER are in the AMBCONV utility to change AMBER
topologies and coordinate files to GROMACS .gro and .top files.
Searching the site for AMBER returns one hit from Berk Hess detailing
revisions to 3.3 that concerns AMBCONV.  Where is this force field?

Is this a UA ff or and AA ff? I need a UA ff due to the system size. If
this flavor of AMBER is AA then I cannot use it.