[gmx-users] Gromacs on Pathscale/Infiniband?

Florian Haberl Florian.Haberl at chemie.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Jul 13 10:14:07 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 21:26, Susan Chacko wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a bunch of Opterons connected with Infiniband. I'm trying to
> get Gromacs compiled for these nodes. I successfully built FFTW
> 3.1.2, but my Gromacs 3.3.1 config goes about halfway and then fails
> with
>
> checking size of int... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof
> (int), 77
>
> These are the flags I'm using:
> ./configure --with-fft=fftw3 --enable-float --prefix=/usr/local/src/
> gromacs/gromacs-ib --enable-mpi
>
> Any suggestions? Has anyone else successfully built/run Gromacs with
> Pathscale/IB?

We are running here gromacs on infiniband and xeon architecture without
problems,  i used gcc and intel compiler, the performance is nearly the same
(0,5% more or less).

Disable fortran for compiling, we are using mvapich (you can get it here:
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/ ) for mpich communication.

> All help much appreciated,
> Susan.

> ----------
> Susan Chacko
> Computational Biologist, Helix Systems
> Center for Information Technology
> 12B/2N207                                               Ph: 301-435-2982
> National Institutes of Health                           Fax:
> 301-402-2190
> Bethesda, MD 20814                                      Email:
> susanc at nih.gov

Greetings,

Florian

 Florian Haberl
 Computer-Chemie-Centrum
 Universitaet Erlangen/ Nuernberg
 Naegelsbachstr 25
 D-91052 Erlangen
 Mailto: florian.haberl AT chemie.uni-erlangen.de