[gmx-users] Stepsize too small, or no change in energy

Alan Dodd anoddlad at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 18 17:01:39 CEST 2006

I find getting a system minimised is often quite
tricky.  There's a variety of things that can be
fiddled with, using cg with various intervals between
steps of steepest descent, running a few steps of md
(say, 10 to 100) after minimisation and then
minimising again, randomly perturbing the coordinates
of the problem atoms manually in the .gro file and
retrying, stuff like that.  Make sure there's no
obvious bad contacts in the structure first, my
personal nemesis seems to be lipid tails stuck through
tryptophan rings...