[gmx-users] Freezing part of the molecules!!!

MGiò magiofer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 16:28:06 CEST 2006

Hi!
just make an index file (make_ndx) custom-defining the groups which you need
to freeze, in your case the C-alpha of residues 18-42. Remember that, when
you define new groups, you should delete the corresponding atoms from the
group that contains all the rest of the protein atoms, if not you'll get an
error saying that a particular atom belongs simultaneously to different
freezing groups.
Hope it helps,
greetings,

MGiò