[gmx-users] RE: Re: Parameters for metals bonds inside proteins

Alpay Temiz temiz+ at pitt.edu
Fri Jun 9 16:39:24 CEST 2006

Hi Diana
Bredenberg and Nilsson Int journal of Quantum Chem 83, 230-244 2001
This paper describes modeling of Zinc Sulfhydryl bonds in Zinc fingers
The zinc is tetrahedrally coordinated.

Hope it helps.
Alpay

Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:51:03 +0200
From: David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se>
Subject: [gmx-users] Re: Parameters for metals bonds inside proteins
To: dro22476 at uprm.edu,	Discussion list for GROMACS users
	<gmx-users at gromacs.org>

Diana Rodriguez Ortiz wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I thank you for your attention. I tried to use the mailing list but
something has changed in that web page and I
> did not figure out how to enter my query. The metal is Zn and it is in a
tetrahedral strucuture. It is not completely
> shielded from the environment.
>
> Thanks,
> Diana
>

> David van der Spoel <spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se> wrote:
> Diana Rodriguez Ortiz wrote:
>
>>  Hi Mr. Spoel,
>>
>>    I am working with a small protein (50 aminoacids) that has a metal
atom near its center. Where can I find the
>>parameters to be able to run a molecular dynamics of this protein?  In
this one, the metal is tied to 4 sulfurs I will

--
David.
phone:	46 18 471 4205		fax: 46 18 511 755