[gmx-users] QM method or basisset (CPMD) is not implemented

Pradip Kumar Biswas p.biswas at csuohio.edu
Mon Jun 12 20:54:16 CEST 2006

Hi Mahnam,

This error message is delivered by Gromacs. There could be either of
the two possibilities:

1) either you have compiled the official Gromacs-3.3 or 3.3.1 which
does not yet contain the CPMD-related modifications (I guess, this is
not the case), or

2) you have downloaded the right CPMD_compatible extended Gromacs-3.3
from http://comppsi.csuohio.edu/groups/qmmm.html but did not use the
right preprocessor flag CPPFLAGS=-DGMX_QMMM_CPMD for configuration. If
so, please first do a 'make clean' and then configure using:

./configure CPPFLAGS=-DGMX_QMMM_CPMD --with-fft=fftw2

and then 'make'. Check whether you have the file "qm_cpmd.o" in the
folder 'mdlib' under 'src'. If so, then you should not have that error
message. If you still have the problem you can use the 'build' script
provided in the distribution.

best,
pb.