[gmx-users] GROMACS SGI Error

Akshay Patny akshay17 at olemiss.edu
Thu Jun 15 02:21:59 CEST 2006

Hi

I am trying to install GROMACS 3.3.1 on SGI Irix 6.5.20m.

I installed and used fftw-3.1.1 during the compiling of gromacs.

After I configure using

./configure -prefix=/usr/people/guest/gromacs

I did

make

and got the following error

INLINE_INTRINSICS -c make_edi.c

cc-1005 cc: ERROR File = make_edi.c, Line = 49

  The source file "gmx_fatal.h" is unavailable.

  #include "gmx_fatal.h"

                        ^

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "make_edi.c".

Compilation terminated.

*** Error code 2 (bu21)

*** Error code 1 (bu21)

*** Error code 1 (bu21)

*** Error code 1 (bu21)

I have modified gmx_fft_fftw3.c (replaced VOID with char in line 150) and
gmx_chi.c (replaced ;; with a ;) as per previous discussions. I also used
the file make_edi.c provided by Dr. Erik Lindahl.

Can you suggest me how to fix it?

Kind Regards

Akshay

Akshay Patny

Graduate Research Assistant
Faser Hall 417, Department of Medicinal Chemistry

Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Mississippi
University, MS 38677
E-mail: akshay17 at olemiss.edu
Tel: 662-915-1286 (office); Web: www.olemiss.edu