[gmx-users] Fwd: QMMM calculation

Pradip Kumar Biswas p.biswas at csuohio.edu
Sat Jun 17 21:09:19 CEST 2006

Hi Christian,

Thanks for clarifying the point. You are right. The interface does not
put back the removed non-polar hydrogens. It is designed for all atom
FF.

Now, even if I find a way to add the removed non-polar atoms  in the
interface, there needs to have a careful consideration of the forces on
the polar atoms when you transfer the forces to Gromacs from QM.
Supposing that while coming back to MM from QM you care only for the
forces on the polar atoms as the MM part is satisfied only with them,
it is perhaps easily doable. I need to think about the energy
conservation issue, though.

Alternately, you need to have an admixture as you have said: all-atom
QM part with united-atom MM part. How difficult it will be to generate
topology and coordinates for such a case? What other problem(s) you
foresee?

thanks,
pb.