[gmx-users] off-diagonal of the tensor for pressure coupling should be zero??

이 선주 sunnytov at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 19 23:55:41 CEST 2006

Dear Gromacs people

I am trying to run NPT simulation on a bilayer and want to know right setup
to use anisotropic pressure coupling.

I have seen two different cases of reference pressure.
Some people use 1 atm for off-diagonals (xy, yz, zx directions) but other
use 0 atm.
>From Erik's answer, I could see that if the system is not allowed to deform

to triclinic from rectangular shape, then the last three reference
pressures should be zero.

Before I saw his answer, I already ran MD simulation with 1 atm for the
off-diagonal of the pressure tensor. I have not seen any particular problem
with this setup.

Can anyone tell me what problem might have been caused becuase of the
pressuring coupling to the off-diagonal directions?

Thank you
Sunjoo