[gmx-users] Grompp Fudge Problems?

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 02:11:25 CEST 2006

Hi all!.

I was trying to simulate a complex cation in MeCN solution and this called
my attention: grompp gives me: "Generating 1-4 interactions: fudge = 0.5".
It's not wrong, since I put this fudge for the VdW interactions, BUT I also
placed a different fudge for the intramolecular coulombic interations (
0.8333), using these lines in the ".top" file I created:

[ defaults ]
; nbfunc      com-rule    gen-pairs      fudgeLJ  fudgeQ
    1            2          yes           0.5000  0.8333

Shouldn't grompp output two fudge parameters instead of only one? How can I
be sure that it's using two different fudges, or it simply doesn't output
that?

Thanks a lot for everything in advance.

Jones