[gmx-users] Ligand moves out of box during EM steps

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 07:54:05 CET 2006

Hi Raja,

Probably PBC. Nothing wrong, just visual. You can try to center your system
on the ligand before starting the simulation, which should keep it "in
place".

Tsjerk

On 3/22/06, raja <raja_28 at fastmail.us> wrote:

> Dear GMXIONS,
> I reposting the same query since not getting response for my previous
> posting. In short
> I am unable to restraint the ligand at its active site during
> minimization, though I used position restrints
> for all of the atom types of my ligand. At the end of simulation, it is
> jumping out of active site and located
> itself at the corner of the water box.
>
> Kindly provide me the solution to retain the ligand at its original
> position during minimization step!
>

> With thanks !
> B.Nataraj
>

> --
>   raja
>   raja_28 at fastmail.us
>
> --
> http://www.fastmail.fm - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, M.Sc.
Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute (GBB)
Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry
University of Groningen
Nijenborgh 4
9747AG Groningen, The Netherlands