[gmx-users] Ligand moves out of box during EM steps

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 14:31:42 CET 2006

Hi Raja,

When you generate a .tpr file (for whatever purpose) all molecules will be
mapped to a rectangular box as good as possible. For this, the first atom of
the molecule is used. So when a molecule happens to be sticking out of the
rectangular box, or when it is just pushed over the border during EM/PR, it
will be mapped to the other side and it will appear to have jumped. If you
place your ligand (-s first atom) in the center of the rectangular box
(editconf -c), it will stay there during EM/PR.

Cheers,

Tsjerk