[gmx-users] Re: question about non-orthongonal box vectors in pdc

Erik Lindahl lindahl at sbc.su.se
Thu Mar 30 13:33:20 CEST 2006

Hi,

As Tsjerk wrote we always work with the triclinic representation in
the code, which fills up space nicely. Due to rounding it might not
be a _perfect_ representation of e.g. a hexagonal box, truncated
octahedron, rhombic dodecahedron, etc., but that shouldn't affect the
physics of the triclinic box.

The reason I first asked about boxes is that the PME grid too has to
be triclinic for such boxes, and I don't think anybody has done any
detail PME accuracy analysis in the case of severely skewed boxes.

Cheers,

Erik