[gmx-users] Re: question about non-orthongonal box vectors in pdc

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:05:50 CEST 2006

Hi Erik,

Actually a severely skewed box is basically an imaginary concept. For normal
MD dimensions it is always possible to perform a simple transformation to
transform a box into one which complies to the Gromacs rules in an optimal
way. That is, if the box vector lengths are around the same order of
magnitude. Maybe a routine for this could be added to gromacs
(editconf/genbox/grompp) to fix skewed boxes, and to optimize the use of
PME. I added a routine to my version of pbc.c which could provide a basis.
This does not change the system, but only uses other, equally valid, lattice
vectors. Let me know if you're interested.

Tsjerk