[gmx-users] Archiving all the simulation data

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Wed May 17 03:45:50 CEST 2006

We have modified an internal hard drive casing to convert the regular cable into
a usb2 so that a cheap internal HD is functionally an external swappable drive.
A google search on "convert internal hard drive external" (without the quotes)
will bring you to some DIY sites. At regular intervals I use trjconv to save
every Nth saved step to a new trajectory (in case I want to do some quick
analysis without transfering files), move the more detailed trajectory to an
external drive, and restart my run from the trr and ene files.