[gmx-users] POPC simulation

Jim Fonseca jf163201 at ohiou.edu
Wed May 24 20:39:10 CEST 2006

Arindam,
I fixed this problem a while ago and it was pretty difficult to
figure out.  I tinkered with so many things, once I got it to work I
didn't even know what steps I took to fix it!

Here's something to try:  GROMACS doesn't like the fact popc.itp has
a four-character residue name (since protein residues are just three
characters).  If you look at your .gro file, you'll probably see that
somewhere along the line, the POPC got truncated to POP.  Try
changing all instances of 'POPC' to 'POP' in your setup--this should
probably just be in popc.itp (lots of occurrences) and topol.top(one
occurrence where you list the number of POP molecules.

Please let me know if that works.

Jim