[gmx-users] intel compiler + amd64: help needed.

Jones de Andrade johannesrs at gmail.com
Wed May 31 19:16:30 CEST 2006

Hi David.

Thanks a lot. But almost there. first, coulsave is already n "int" type
variable:

int vdwsave,coulsave,read_from_mem,write_to_mem; (line 294)

So, the change from:

mknb_func.coul=coulsave;
mknb_func.vdw=vdwsave;

mknb_func.coul=(int)coulsave;
mknb_func.vdw=(int)vdwsave;

Was pointless, and unfortunatelly yelded the same crash. Unfortunatelly,
fortran addicted (seems that its more than time to try a few other things,
tastes and sensations out...), so I don't know how to write the new
declaration line.

Just in advance: if I search in the file for the coulsave, I found those two
lines AND the following:

coulsave=mknb_func.coul;
vdwsave=mknb_func.vdw;

Am I wrong, or does it means that coulsave is used as both (if yes, how hell
someone could compile it in first place? :P and even get extra performance!)
as we fear?

Thanks a lot in advance for everything.

Jones