[gmx-users] rhdo box shape changed during simulation

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 20:26:26 CET 2006

Hi Liang,

Apparently, your system contracted in one direction. You can avoid
this by simulating at constant volume or by using isotropic pressure
coupling.
Your protein should not have direct interactions with its periodic
images during the simulation. This usually means you can discard your
results.
The last two values are the x and y skewing of the third vector
defining your periodic lattice (the periodic boundary conditions).
Likewise, the first two zeros are the y and z skewing of the first
vector and the other two zeros are the x and z skewing of the second
vector. You can check chapter 3 of the gromacs manual to get to know
more about periodic boundary conditions in gromacs.

Best,

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.