[gmx-users] rhdo box shape changed during simulation

Liang Ma liang.ma.1983 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 21:03:11 CET 2006

Hi Tsjerk,
    Thanks for you fast reply. :-):-) Yes, I indeed used the isotropic
pressure scaling method.  That's why I found it's surpring that one
dimension of my system actually shrinked. Is there any other possible reason
for this? Or, is there any constraint to keep the box shape always
rhdo-like?  If not, does gromacs always treat rhdo as triclinic and the box
shaple actually is free to change?

Thanks a lot!

Liang

This is my grompp file:

; title and include files
title                    = salt
cpp                      = cpp
include                  = -I/home/ma/gromacs/share/gromacs/top -I./
define                   =
; integrator and input/output setting up
integrator               = md
nsteps                   = 600000 ; 1.2 ns equilibration
dt                       = 0.002
nstxout                  = 5000
nstvout                  = 5000
nstenergy                = 500
nstxtcout                = 500
nstlog                   = 500
xtc_grps                 = System
energygrps               = System
comm_mode                = none
; neighbor searching and vdw/pme setting up
nstlist                  = 10
ns_type                  = grid
pbc                      = xyz
rlist                    = 1.4

coulombtype              = pme
fourierspacing           = 0.1
pme_order                = 6
rcoulomb                 = 1.4

vdwtype                  = switch
rvdw_switch              = 1.0
rvdw                     = 1.2

; cpt control
tcoupl                   = nose-hoover
tc-grps                  = System
tau_t                    = 0.1
ref_t                    = 300
Pcoupl                   = parrinello-rahman
pcoupltype               = isotropic
tau_p                    = 1.0
compressibility          = 4.5e-5
ref_p                    = 1.0