[gmx-users] invalid order of directive moleule type

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 14:31:21 CET 2006

Hi Harpreet,

Regarding the message "invalid order ...", check the archives of this
mailing list. Further note that you shouldn't use the gmx (ffgmx)
force field, but should choose one of the Gromos force fields (united
atom), OPLS or Encad (all-atom).

Specific to your problem is that there is a mismatch between the names
of atoms in the .pdb file and the names in the residue database (.rtp)
file of the force field you chose. Usually, it's best to modify the
names in the .pdb file to match those in the .rtp file.

By the way, since you're new to Gromacs.., have you tried the
MD/Gromacs tutorial from the MD group in Groningen? If not, it may be
a good start to get to know gromacs. At present the Groningen group is
off the air, but I've mirrored the site at:

http://nmr.chem.uu.nl/~tsjerk/MDCourse/

Hope it helps,

Tsjerk