[gmx-users] invalid order of directive moleule type

harpreet singh harpreetsingh05 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 07:22:34 CET 2006

Thanks for the valueable suggessions, but sir i am actually want to use this
program for small molecules. I have taken  single  FAD molecule  as u
suggested modified the atom type as described in ffgmx.rtp, program results
top and gro files using pdb2gmx, but while running grompp i am getting the
error:

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.10#
checking input for internal consistency...
calling /usr/bin/cpp...
processing topology...
Generated 1284 of the 1485 non-bonded parameter combinations
WARNING 1 [file "fad.top", line 128]:
  No default Bond types, using zeroes
WARNING 2 [file "fad.top", line 139]:
  No default Bond types, using zeroes
WARNING 3 [file "fad.top", line 141]:
  No default Bond types, using zeroes
WARNING 4 [file "fad.top", line 328]:
  No default Angle types, using zeroes
WARNING 5 [file "fad.top", line 329]:
  No default Angle types, using zeroes
WARNING 6 [file "fad.top", line 334]:
  No default Proper Dih. types, using zeroes
WARNING 7 [file "fad.top", line 336]:
  No default Proper Dih. types, using zeroes
WARNING 8 [file "fad.top", line 338]:
  No default Proper Dih. types, using zeroes
WARNING 9 [file "fad.top", line 341]:
  No default Proper Dih. types, using zeroes
WARNING 10 [file "fad.top", line 343]:
  No default Proper Dih. types, using zeroes
Cleaning up temporary file gromppLLm3l8
Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.1
Source code file: fatal.c, line: 416
Fatal error:
Too many warnings, grompp terminated
"I Need Love, Not Games" (Iggy Pop & Kate Pierson)

Moreover , suppose if we want to use this program (grompp) for say, a
molecule which has no entry in any .rtp file provided with Gromacs and we
use the PRODRG server, then how to deal with the error "invalid  molecular
directive type".

Kindly explain me regarding this error in detail, if you can spare some time
for me.

If you want i can give the sample files for what i am trying to do.

Thanks