[gmx-users] Re: Re: (dH/dl) calculation

Mauricio Sica msica at unq.edu.ar
Tue Nov 7 14:31:34 CET 2006

Tanks David

Exactly: I`d want to calculate "dG/dl for some particular component of
the energy". Why? I did 2 FEPs, so I have two Delta_Gs for a mutations in
2 states: folded and unfolded. Both Delta_Gs are positive values. The
difference between them (Delta_Delta_G) is the value I was looking for.
This value agrees with experimental value of Delta_G of unfolding between
2 mutant proteins. Now, I want to know what is stabilizing or
destabilizing each state with respect the other. Analysis of each
component (e.g. Coul-SR:Prot-Prot) is impossible: it happens that I’m
searching a delta_E of < 10 Kcal between a magnitude of 10E6. So I
thought that if I could obtain a <dE/dl> for a component and then
integrate them along lambda (TI method), I could get some idea about its
magnitude.

Mauricio