[gmx-users] (dH/dl) calculation

Lei Zhou zhoumadison at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 17:51:38 CET 2006

Dear David and Mauricio,

I am also confused about the details of dgdl (or dHdl) calculation in
GROMACS. For example, if the lambda is fixed at certain value, how did the
program determine dHdl?
My initial understanding was kind of similiar to that of Mauricio that dHdl
equals the difference in total potential energy between two time frame
(snapshots). However, this seems does not make sense when lambda is fixed.
Could you give more details about the calculation of the derivative dHdl at
each snapshot? Thank you.

Best regards,

Lei Zhou