[gmx-users] error says "segnentation fault"

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 09:07:30 CET 2006

Hi,

It is more likely that due to some very large forces mdrun tries to
'move a particle' to some region of the memory it doesn't have access
to. I'd say the system is wrong. You may have overlapping particles or
something alike. Check your system: the topology, the structure, the
box. You did perform all subsequent steps, right:

energy minimization in vacuum
energy minimization in solvent (NVT)
energy minimization in solvent (NPT)
position restraint MD

After that you should be able to run. Did you run through the
tutorials provided?

Tsjerk