[gmx-users] g_hbond -contact option

Erik Marklund erikm at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Nov 22 12:10:26 CET 2006

If I'm not mistaken, g_dist deals with the center of mass of the two groups
chosen, whilst g_hbond -contact is all about the distances of individual
atoms of the two/one group(s). g_hbond -contact works just like g_hbond,
except that it ignores the angle criterion for hydrogen bonds. You can also
provide a second distance using the -r2 option, assuming a two step
interaction process. I strongly suggest using the latest version of gromacs
when using g_hbond -contact, since there were a bunch of bugfixes made not
too long ago.

/Erik Marklund