[gmx-users] compare simulations between wt and mutate protein

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 06:52:05 CEST 2007

Hi Andrea,

I think it's a good thing to start another simulation by mutating the
wt at 20ns. Besides, it would be good to mutate the mutant at 20ns back, to
see if it goes the other way. In any case, you'll have to perform
multiple simulations. For a strategy on comparing simulations, to see
which properties are affected, you can have a look at chapters 2 and 4
of my thesis, which I know you have. Comparing with respect to the
"internal dynamics" by means of PCA is also a good possibility and
would generally be approached by "Combined Essential Dynamics", but I
would note there are better methods.

Best,

Tsjerk

--